Our Original design, the Men's Duffle coat, timeless, durable and warm. A design classic which epitomises the Original Montgomery Brand.
Premium recycled wool construction is authentic and sustainable and contributes to both a warm and soft-feeling Men’s duffle. Durable enough to stand-up and face-down the worst the high seas could throw at the Naval Officers who swore by them, Original Montgomery pride itself on its authentic heritage as the original supplier to the British Admiralty (Royal Navy) in the Second World War. Proudly English made, utilising many of the same construction methods along with the very best raw materials, such as Italian-made, Recycled Wool.
- Recycled Wool fabric is responsible, sustainable and with our special finish gives a softer touch, and yet remains durable in the extreme, this is the antithesis of Fast-Fashion, and our Duffle Coats consistently last 20 plus years of sustained use and wear.
- All Original Montgomery Duffle Coats feature a premium Tartan lining chosen specifically to enhance comfort and to provide a stunning contrast to the high-quality plain outer of this double-faced wool fabric.
- Sizing of the garment is authentic and oversize (just how the Naval Seafarers of the 40”s needed it to enable layering with woollen sweaters during nights spent watching for U-Boats on the ships bridge).
- Authentic Original Montgomery Pancake style hood, lays flat when in use, but delivers opulent warmth when worn up. The lining has been specifically selected by Original Montgomery’s designers to deliver luxurious comfort in spite of the weather outside.
- Added to the second generation Naval Duffle Coat design at the request of the British Admiralty, the throat shuts out drafts and cinches the hood down lower even in the blustery conditions common out at sea.
- Easy fit style and best worn loose. We recommend that you buy your normal size but if you prefer a tighter fit then the size smaller is better. If in doubt check our product measurements in the size guide.
- Model is wearing size L duffel coat, is 6 feet 2 inches (188 cms tall)
- Montgomery has been made in England since 1896, and all of our experience guarantees you fantastic quality.
Please note that the measurements given in this size guide are actual garment measurements, and as all of our coats are individually hand made the measurements can vary slightly. Duffle coats are traditionally generous fitting. We recommend that our customers measure an existing coat and use this as a guideline for choosing the correct size against our size guide.
How to take the measurements:
- 1. Chest - Measured around the chest at its fullest part with the tape measure tucked just below each armpit.Make sure the tape is flat across the back.
- 2. Inside Arm Length - Measured from the armpit seam to the end of the arm cuff.
- 3. Length - Measured from the nape of the neck to the hem of the coat.
Dry clean or steam and press
Super soft fabric with special fabric finish
70% wool 30% polyesters